If you are a working mom then you know getting out the door some mornings can send you over the edge. I’m talking restraining jacket at the loony bin.
Getting myself and three small kids ready and on our way all before the sun rises each day is a major feat, and doing it with ease is difficult. But when I follow the five tips below, my mornings run like a well-oiled machine.
- Plan ahead. Pick out your clothes, pack lunches, and set out anything you need to take with you the night before. Including the plethora of cars, backpacks, blankies, and other junk your kids are attached to that week.
- Cartoons are your friend. Honestly, a little Blues Clues or Dora first thing in the morning is not going to make or break your kids.
- Feed the piggies! Have a bowl of dry cereal and a cup of milk waiting for when they wake up, an early morning snack can be a much needed distraction when rushing to get your make-up on and hair done.
- Let it go. Do you need to make the bed every morning? Does the sink need to be clear of all dirty dishes before you walk out the door? Probably not. Learning to let go of the little things will go a long way at six in the morning.
- If all else fails. Well, if all else fails, set the alarm for 4 a.m. and pray the kids don’t wake while you get ready in the peace & quiet. Just be ready to crash the minute you walk in the door at the end of your very long day.
The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, POPSUGAR.