Tired of bounce houses and barbecues? Celebrate your son’s 7th birthday with video games, martial arts, remote controlled cars and more! Read on for real mom tips for celebrating a boy’s 7th birthday.
7th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
1. Video Game Party: If extra Nintendo DS time is the ultimate reward in your son's eyes, a video-game focused party is sure to be a hit. Head to a local arcade, or follow Jillian B.’s lead and bring the arcade to you: “We had a video game truck come to our house! The kids thought it was awesome and the parents did too!”
2. Martial Arts Party: What 7 year-old boy isn’t wowed by high kicks and slick defense moves? We love Anabela L.’s idea to celebrate her son’s 7th with a martial arts lesson: "They had a 45 minute martial arts lesson, 45 minutes of games, and after they had pizza, veggies, fruit and ice cream cake for dessert. Everyone had a good time."
3. Water Party: If your boy's birthday falls in a warm weather season, consider a water-based celebration like the one Dawn C. threw for her son's 7th: “We had 4 of his best friends join us at the splash park...It was really laid back and the kids all had a good time!” On a budget? Swim at the YMCA or just stock up on water balloons.
4. Bowling Party: Bowling is a popular birthday party activity for good reason: it’s fun, affordable and requires minimal planning and clean-up. As Simone M. recalls of her son’s 7th birthday bowling party: “It was a real hit with all the kids. They had amazing laser and UV lights in the bowling lanes… AMF Bowling also provided a party host for the kids who helped them all get their bowling shoes fitting, and helped them all with the games. A big hit!”
5. Pirate Parrrrty: Serve up some swashbuckling fun with a pirate-themed party. Among the pirate-themed games Amanda H. recommends are “a treasure hunt, walk the plank game (where the kids walked across a raised balance bar), stealing the pirate gold from a 'sleeping' adult, learning a pirate song and some pirate slang, [and] a tug of war."
Gift Ideas for 7-Year-Old Boys
1. Video Games: Finally, an upside to your son’s Xbox 360 obsession: deciding on birthday presents is easy! Whether your son’s gaming console of choice is an Nintendo DS or Wii, many Circle of Moms members have found that their 7-year-olds loved getting a new game for their 7th.
2. Remote Controlled Toys: Remote-controlled toys are another winning gift for a boy's 7th birthday. Already have a car? Consider remote-controlled boats, airplanes or helicopters.
3. Legos: Several Circle of Moms members say that Lego sets were the favorite gifts their 7-year-olds received. New Lego products are continuously rolled out (does he have the Pirates of the Caribbean or Cars ones yet?) so there’s always a way to add to his collection.
4. Clothes: Girls aren’t the only fashion-focused 7-year-olds! Yannzl Z. got her son “hip-hop attire” as requested, while Diana L. got her son a Octonauts t-shirt.
Gearing Up For the Sevens