The Circle of Moms RoundUp is looking for talented writers to create great, community-inspired and sourced content. Apply by 10/3 for current openings to jobs (at) circleofmoms (dot) com.
This is a paid gig and an amazing opportunity to expose your byline to over 6 million registered moms.
Please apply only if you meet the following four requirements:
-You have professional clips
-You have a deep interest in regularly writing about the parenting beats listed below
-You're willing to take direction from an editor and are flexible and responsive when changes are needed
-You have the skill and time to produce 3-4 well-written and researched short posts per week, UNFAILINGLY, on a pitch/assign basis
Please read the specifics below before applying.
Your application must include:
1. A list of the 5 beats from the list below that you're most interested in:
Home and Life Management for Moms (morning routines, housework tips, saving money, family schedules, etc.)
Family Kitchen (recipes, school lunches, special occasions)
Parenting Debates (hot topics among parents)
Parenting News (current events that impact families)
Kid & Family Activities (kid sports, after school activities, family outings, crafts, etc.)
Special Needs (autism, ADHD, preemies, etc.)
2. A pitch for a post that would be of interest to a broad range of moms.
Please follow the format of the example below:
What (. . .is your proposed title?): "How to Discipline When Out in Public"
Why (...will moms be interested?): Getting through the grocery store, getting errands done, all are more complicated with a toddler in tow. Tips from moms for quiet, effective, and socially acceptable ways of shortening a toddler's outbursts.
Where (3 source URLs): http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to-circle-of-moms/how-do-you-discipline-a-young-child-when-out-in-public-664448; http://www.circleofmoms.com/young-moms-aged-20-30/how-do-you-guys-go-about-discplining-in-public-604888?trk=thd_list_title; http://www.circleofmoms.com/debating-mums/disciplining-your-child-in-public-606274?trk=thd_list_title
3. One topical, community-inspired "tips" post that meets the following requirements:
- 400-700 words in length
- You choose the topic, but make sure it is highly relevant to one of the subject areas you've identified above as one of your potential beats.
- Your article should be informative and useful to moms interested in your beat
- Follow the "tips" format seen in these posts:
- You must use at least 2 Circle of Moms threads as primary sources. The topic you choose can come from your own life or be inspired by a conversation or comment you read in a relevant community, but either way, you must reference and quote from Circle of Moms conversations.
- You may write in the first person and reference your personal experience if you like, or go with a pure reportorial style; either way, your viewpoint should be balanced. In other words, if you're covering a controversial issue like spanking, make sure you give air time to contrasting points of view.
4. Two relevant professional clips
5. A link to your LinkedIn profile or resume
6. Optional: links to your Twitter feed and Facebook fan page.
7. Please include "Writer: YOUR NAME" in your email's subject line.
All applications are needed 10/3; apply to jobs (at) circleofmoms (dot) com.
Yes, this is not a lot of time, but the ability to turnaround fast is part of the gig!