There's never a shortage of news in the parenting world — from new studies to differing parenting styles. It all provides us with fodder to discuss on the playground, in the pickup line, and online. Take a look at the five stories that had our moms talking the most this week.
- Four Ways to Get Your Child to Listen to You
How do you get your kids to listen to you? It's one of the great challenges of parenthood (and if there's one foolproof solution, we'd love to hear it!). This post on tips and tricks for getting children to be more receptive to what their mom and dad are trying to say was a hot topic with our readers this week, and for good reason.
- Twenty-One Mouthwatering After-School Snacks From Celebrity Chefs The new school year's in full swing, and active kids need their fuel! We spent the last few weeks of August featuring healthy, satisfying recipes from some of our favorite celebrity chefs, and this slideshow rounding them all up was a popular one with our readers. We'd love to hear what's been on your after-school menu!
- What to Say When Your Kid Catches You in Bed
If you've ever had your kids walk in on you and your significant other in a compromising position (literally), you know how unbearably awkward things can get. This story about how to cope with your kids catching you in the act drew tons of response from our readers. The majority of our readers' reactions? "Get a lock!"
- Tulsa School Bans Dreadlocks
When Tiana Parker, a 7-year-old elementary school student in Tulsa, OK, was banned from school because she wore her hair in dreadlocks, the story made national headlines. Does a school have a right to ban a hairstyle? It turned out that the story drew enough criticism for the school to overturn their ruling just days later, resulting in a happy Tiana!
- Five Ways to Cope With a Cheating Husband
What would you do if you found out that your husband was cheating on you? This hot topic got our readers talking and sharing their strong opinions. While infidelity is a topic that brings out lots of raw emotion, we loved that our moms were able to share some seriously thoughtful and level-headed feedback and advice on a topic that we wish no one had to deal with.
Keep reading to see what other stories had our readers talking this week!