1. 38 percent of children under the age of 2 have used a mobile deviceThe use among 2-year-olds is up from 10 percent in 2011. And this doesn't include the ones who used it as a teething ring!
2. Playing games is the most popular activity on mobile devicesSixty-four percent of those surveyed said they use devices to play games. Using apps (50 percent) and watching videos (47 percent) were the other top activities.
3. Reading has become more popular on smartphones and tabletsIn 2011, only four percent of kids were using mobiles devices to read. Now, 30 percent are!
4. 36 percent of children have TVs in their roomsWhy? Most parents say it's to free up other TVs or to keep their kids occupied while they work around the house.
5. TV still dominates daily screen time at almost one hour a dayOn the bright side, they aren't necessarily watching trashy television shows. 61 percent of families say they use the TV for educational content. See more stats about children's media use from Common Sense Media. What are your child's technology habits?