Toddler Survives After Swallowing 37 Magnets (X-RAY PHOTOS)


Toddler Survives After Swallowing 37 Magnets (X-RAY PHOTOS)

When 3-year-old Payton Bushnell complained to her parents that she wasn't feeling well, they thought she just had a stomach flu. But an X-ray at the doctor’s office revealed something far more alarming: the toddler had swallowed 37 high-powered “Buckyballs” magnets.

Surgeons were able to remove the magnets from Payton’s intestines Monday, and she is expected to make a full recovery. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Oregon toddler was fortunate. Small magnets can kill children if two or more are swallowed.

Read the whole story (CBS News)

Has your child ever had to go to the ER to remove something he or she shouldn't have swallowed?

Image Source: KPTV via CBS News

Latest