Here, single Circle of Moms members share four reasons why they've taken dating off their lists of priorities.
Too Many Bad Experiences
- Many single Circle of Moms members say that they've tried to date, but the experiences soured them and they just gave up. "
- , I don't even really try anymore," says Amy S. "I have some standards that apparently are hard to live up to — honesty, good character, not living with mom or taking too many meds (illegal or legal), decent employment, non-abusive. I tried dating sites but was unimpressed and gave up."
- In Sandy H.'s case, she's reluctant to date because she is afraid she'll meet someone like her ex and fall into the same bad relationship, so instead of trying, she just avoids dating altogether. "I think
- — you don't want to look where you found your last love and make the same mistake."
- Too Much Trouble
- Many Circle of Moms members, like Sakari A., say it’s "just too much of a hassle." For other moms, like Heather T., taking care of a child as a solo parent leaves little time for dating, and they're too exhausted or unwilling to make the effort. "I would love to date, but really
- ," she says, explaining that her ex lives out of state, so she never gets a break from full-time parenting. Marcia I. says it's not worth the effort because "A lot of
- I do not have time to play counselor [for some guy] as well as be a full-time mom."