Build an Emergency Kit
Whether you're stuck at home or forced to evacuate, your family needs some survival essentials. Prior to the storm, have each family member fill a bag with the following:
- A three-day supply of water and ready-to-eat, nonperishable food.
- A manual can opener for canned foods.
- A week's worth of medications, including glasses and contacts.
- Essential toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, and hand sanitizer).
- A first-aid kit.
- A battery-operated flashlight and extra batteries.
Keep the kits packed and in an easy-to-access location should your family have to leave in a hurry. It is also helpful to store blankets in your car in case you have to stay at an emergency shelter.
Source: Flickr user Earthworm
Read More HurricaneHealth And SafetyParenting
What’s Your Reaction?